18921Re: WUHU does not honor main display wind unit setting set in INI-file

  • J.Laiho
    Mar 13, 2011
      Hi.

      No. I've asked all the users having this problem where this line is located and all of them replied saying it's found under [General Settings].

      In addition to that, all of them are stating that they never had to manually enter that line to the ini file. Instead, they found this line in their .ini file:
      Display Wind Units=0

      and simply edited that to:
      Display Wind Units=MPS

      However, it still didn't work.

      And to make this whole thing a bit more interesting, two out of three operators claimed they did things exactly like I did, but the wind speeds are still shown at km/h... and they're all running B182.

      I have to admit, I'm truly lost now. How on earth it's working for me but not for most of them?

      Best Regards,
      Juha Laiho
      Weather Station Operator
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland
      CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > That is interesting. I do not suppose those users accidentally posted the line in a different section?
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "J.Laiho" <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi.
      > > I just got word from other PWS operators using WUHU that having the line
      > >
      > > Display Wind Units=MPS
      > >
      > > as one of the last lines in [General Settings] section of the ini file, (where it seems to be originally placed), results in failure to change the value.
      > >
      > > Moving that line towards the beginning of the section seems to make it work after WUHU is upgraded to B182.
      > >
      > > I set mine like this:
      > > [General Settings]
      > > Minimum Period=300
      > > Weather Station Input File Type=9
      > > Serial Communications Port=COM1
      > > Display Units Type=1
      > > Display Wind Units=MPS
      > > Write Currentdat=1
      > > Write Extended Currentdat=1
      > > Write Historydat=0
      > > Tweak Windspeed=1.0000
      > > Tweak Temperature=1.0000
      > > Tweak Humidity=1.0000
      > > .
      > > .
      > > .
      > > .
      > >

      > > After that, it started working as it should.
      > > What causes this particular behavior is beyond me, but this may serve as a clue.
      > >
      > > All in all, I just want to share this bit of information with you all, just in case if you happen to agonise with the very same problem.
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Juha Laiho
      > > Weather Station Operator
      > > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      > > Helsinki, Finland
      > > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > > > No worries, glad to hear that it is working.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic