18917Re: WUHU does not honor main display wind unit setting set in INI-file

  • J.Laiho
    Mar 13 7:55 AM
      Hi.
      I just got word from other PWS operators using WUHU that having the line

      Display Wind Units=MPS

      as one of the last lines in [General Settings] section of the ini file, (where it seems to be originally placed), results in failure to change the value.

      Moving that line towards the beginning of the section seems to make it work after WUHU is upgraded to B182.

      I set mine like this:
      [General Settings]
      Minimum Period=300
      Weather Station Input File Type=9
      Serial Communications Port=COM1
      Display Units Type=1
      Display Wind Units=MPS
      Write Currentdat=1
      Write Extended Currentdat=1
      Write Historydat=0
      Tweak Windspeed=1.0000
      Tweak Temperature=1.0000
      Tweak Humidity=1.0000
      .
      .
      .
      .

      After that, it started working as it should.
      What causes this particular behavior is beyond me, but this may serve as a clue.

      All in all, I just want to share this bit of information with you all, just in case if you happen to agonise with the very same problem.

      Best Regards,
      Juha Laiho
      Weather Station Operator
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland
      CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > No worries, glad to hear that it is working.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "J.Laiho" <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, back with the results.
      > > After installing B182, WUHU now shows wind speed units as per INI file settings (=MPS).
      > >
      > > What is strange is that it seemed not to work with B181 at all and if I remember correctly, this feature was introduced somewhere between B127 and B150. I suspect this problem was at our end.
      > >
      > > At any rate, I'll recommend people updating their WUHU's to B182. Should any problems arise, I'll let you know. I am sorry for jumping the gun on this matter.
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Juha Laiho
      > > Weather Station Operator
      > > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      > > Helsinki, Finland
      > > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "J.Laiho" <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi.
      > > >
      > > > I was running B181, the same version is ran by other station operators as well.
      > > >
      > > > Just a few moments ago I updated WUHU from B181 to B182, but there's no wind at the moment, so I can't verify if the update has provided any changes.
      > > >
      > > > I will report back once the wind picks up.
      > > >
      > > > Best Regards,
      > > > Juha Laiho
      > > > Weather Station Operator
      > > > Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)