187LaCrosse Professional Remote Weather Station

  • Patrick & Joni
    Aug 26, 2005
      Can anyone offer me a suggestion? I recently purchased this weather
      station and set it up in a landscaped area. I am seeing two issues:
      1) the thermometer is reporting daytime temperatures about 10 degrees
      higher than a thermometer next to it. I have tried to shade it, but
      it seems like there may be a ventilation problem. Where, exactly, is
      the thermometer located within the unit? 2) the anemometer is always
      reporting VERY low wind speeds. It rarely reports more that 5mph to
      the computer base station (wireless connection). During Hirricane
      Kristina yesterday, the max wind was only 21mph. Is this because it's
      wireless vs a wired connection? How frequently does it send data to
      the base? When it sends data, is it an instantaneous reading at that
      moment or is it an average over time (how long)?

      Thanks for the insights.

      Patrick
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic