18400Re: ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT with Weather Underground Background Upload

    Jan 6, 2011
      If you use a software firewall, did you check the application permissions? You might need to make a new rule for WUHU if some other generic rule is not allowing access to the Internet.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "richa03yah" <richa03yah@...> wrote:

      > I'm pretty sure I did, however, did it again (the delete) after completely exiting.
      >
      > Now, the password(s) are correct for both Live (rtupdate) and Background (weatherstation) in the log.
      >
      > However, I still get the errors.
      >
      > I know the password is correct - I paste the URL into Firefox changing the ******* to the password and get success on both URLs).
      >
      > Looks like we're making progress, though - the passwords in the log are correct!

      > > Are you exiting WUHU before you attempt to delete this file?
      > >
      > > You must completely exit, not just press Stop.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "richa03yah" <richa03yah@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your help!
      > > > I deleted file "WUHU Unsent URLs.dat".
      > > >
      > > > Another strange thing is I start WUHU from "C:Program Files\WUHU", however, that is not where the files are updated - they are updated on my system in the folder "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\WUHU" (Vista Pro).
      > > >
      > > > Anyway, the password was still wrong in the log.
      > > >
      > > > I did it (remove above file) again and changed my password in the dialog (both "Enable Uploads" and "Enable Rapid Fire" checked) and tried again.
      > > >
      > > > I saw that WUHU created the new .dat file and the .ini file was updated, however, the password was only correct for the rtupdate. URL (not correct for the weatherstation. URL)
      > > >
      > > > The password is correct in the .ini file.
      > > >
      > > > Anything else I can do?
      > > >
      > > > TIA, Rich

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic