17822Re: Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieve

    Nov 17, 2010
      One thing you could try is to increase the priority of the WUHU.exe process to see if that has an effect. To do this, pull up the task manager, in the process list, right click WUHU.exe and select Set Priority then select "Above normal" or even "High".

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Donaho" <donaho.robert@...> wrote:

      > Apparently my issue has spawned a lively discussion regarding equipment and
      > interfaces. I will as suggested turn on "Show Console Com. Errors" in the
      > log and see if more information is available.
      >

      > From the discussion, I see three potential path forwards:
      >
      > - Do nothing- after all, it is now an intermittent problem that
      > doesn't have much negative impact.
      >
      > - Buy a good RS-232 to USB converter from the source suggested and
      > try interfacing the LaCrosse 2300 to the PC through a USB port.
      >
      > - Buy a new weather station from another more reliable supplier -
      > any suggestions?
      >

      > Thanks for the feedback and advice. Will advise if/when more info is
      > available from the above mentioned change.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic