17813Re: Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieve

    Nov 16, 2010
      Try enabling the "Show Console Com. Errors" in the log to see if more log data is generated when this condition happens. It is possible that a particular sensor is going offline and this should show that in the log.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "donaho.robert@..." <donaho.robert@...> wrote:

      > No, the serial interface is direct - no USB adapter. Also I have been using Heavy Weather for quite sometime with no problems.
      > Could this be a problem with "WS23XX Communications Delay"? It's currently set to 2300. Other thoughts?

      > > Are you using a USB to serial adapter?
      > >
      > > It sounds like the communication is completely failing until the port is closed and re-opened.
      > >
      > > I would lean toward the USB to serial driver is that is what you are using.
      > >
      > > IOGear makes a good one for < $30.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "donaho.robert@" <donaho.robert@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have a LaCross 2310 and use WUHU to upload to Wunderground. About every two hours I get the following message, usually multiple times:
      > > >
      > > > Followed by: > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
      > > >
      > > > The port then re-opens and communications resumes.
      > > >
      > > > Question: Any idea of what causes this issue and how to resolve?

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic