17715Re: B137, Davis clock sync option.

  • mikedw5071
    Nov 3, 2010
      Yes, I was referring to normal termination of WUHU.exe. Sorry to mix that issue in with the other stuff without being clear.

      Using Process Explorer, I think I was able to rule out a multiprocessor issue and determine the actual issue. Surprisingly, it showed CPU usage by WUHU.exe was very low during shutdown but that I/O activity was high and prolonged. It must be due to my running WUHU on an SD card rather than the system's hard drive. (The netbook has a mechanical hard drive; I'm using the SD card as poor man's SSD.)

      I may still experiment with the processor affinity, but I'm satisfied with my finding.

      So, as to the clock drift/correction, here's some interesting stuff for you. Both of these startups were preceded by a shutdown of WUHU.exe but not the machine. I did not allow WUHU to wait for the computer to start up since it was already on and I was impatient. :)

      Wed Nov 03 09:34:39 2010 > The console's clock and the PC's clock time are off by 39 seconds. Adjusting console clock to match the PC clock. Waiting until the next minute to set clock. Please wait.
      Wed Nov 03 12:02:53 2010 > The console's clock and the PC's clock time are off by 53 seconds. Adjusting console clock to match the PC clock. Waiting until the next minute to set clock. Please wait.
      Wed Nov 03 12:09:10 2010 > The PC clock and console clock are set to within 10 seconds of one another (Measured Drift <= 10 seconds).
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic