17682Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Computer/Console Time Sync

  • Jaye Ellen
    Nov 2, 2010
      There was a time in my long-ago military times when one of my jobs was to cart around a portable Cesium Beam clock,flown out from the US Naval Observatory in DC.  I was working at the SatComm terminal in Sunnyvale CA.  This clock was used to set the other six cesium beam clocks, 2 per terminal.  Some job to make sure the Atomic Clocks are correctly set, eh?  The years were 1983-84 when Sunnyvale was the controlling station for the then-new DSCS III satellite.  Well, enough reminiscing ...

      Jaye Ellen

      On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:06 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      Ken,

      Are we talking about setting the clock on the console or the PC? If the PC, you can run any clock sync application that affects the PC clock and WUHU will use that updated time.

      > Actually, the Navel Clock is A and not THE clock. You can select the online site to draw from and the Navy is just one. WWV transmission come from Fort Collins, CO which is a ways from the ocean and part of the (NIST) National Institute of Standards and Technology. WWVB is also there. There is a WWVH that's a low band site that should be available world wide at least when propagation cooperates. I imagine that is Navy.
      >
      > One of the software items I recommended a while back is T-Clock and that has more features than the standard clock. It can do things like on a day of the week and a selected time run an application. If WUHU is willing to supply a separate little applet that would set the clock, you could have a batch file that takes down WUHU, runs the sync, and reload WUHU. That let it be a caveat emptor operation for those who can't get WWVB and avoid a possibly troublesome feature in the main application.
      >
      > Ken - KB9EU

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic