17675Re: Computer/Console Time Sync

  • Ken
    Nov 2, 2010
      Actually, the Navel Clock is A and not THE clock. You can select the online site to draw from and the Navy is just one. WWV transmission come from Fort Collins, CO which is a ways from the ocean and part of the (NIST) National Institute of Standards and Technology. WWVB is also there. There is a WWVH that's a low band site that should be available world wide at least when propagation cooperates. I imagine that is Navy.

      One of the software items I recommended a while back is T-Clock and that has more features than the standard clock. It can do things like on a day of the week and a selected time run an application. If WUHU is willing to supply a separate little applet that would set the clock, you could have a batch file that takes down WUHU, runs the sync, and reload WUHU. That let it be a caveat emptor operation for those who can't get WWVB and avoid a possibly troublesome feature in the main application.

      Ken - KB9EU
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic