17670Re: Computer/Console Time Sync

    Nov 1, 2010
      Since this service is probably working on most machines, the PC clock should be pretty accurate.

      The real problem is setting the clocks via the protocols. Stations like La Crosee have protocol issues that may be unreliable so I do not think it is worth attempting to sync the PC clock with the console clock. For La Crosse systems I would recommend checking and manually synchronizing the console clock to the PC clock once in a while.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

      > yes, exactly --- this applies to all windows versions from XP on. What is
      > needed is for some way to use this same service within WU ... maybe not too
      > practical? Would surely simplify the timing process ...
      >
      > Jaye Ellen
      >
      > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Jaye Ellen,
      > >
      > > In XP (not sure about 7) if you double click the clock in the tray, then
      > > click the Internet Time tab of the clock settings, you can verify that your
      > > system is automatically updating the time from the Internet. There is also
      > > an Update Now button that you can hit to have an immediate update.
      > >
      > > If that is working, your PC clock should be in good shape.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi ---
      > > >
      > > > A thought occurs to me: since Windows is so capable of disseminating Time
      > > > Signals, is it possible to somehow sync to a web-based link to WWV? I
      > > know
      > > > programs exist that can sync to this, and thought maybe WUHU could use
      > > > something like this ???
      > > >
      > > > Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      > > really
      > > of