17008Re: [wuhu_software_group] What software do I need to buy with the Davis Vantage Vue

  • Shawn Parker
    Aug 29, 2010
      You need a serial or USB datalogger which costs around $150. You can
      sometimes find the datalogger sold on eBay for cheap. You can use WUHU
      exclusively for the software if you want, you don't need the Davis
      software that comes with the datalogger. Most recommend using serial but
      I use USB and have very few issues with it.

      http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=davis+datalogger&_sacat=See-All-Categories

      On 8/29/2010 1:38 PM, Gregory Blount wrote:

      > My old LaCrosse has bit the dust. I'm ready to buy the Davis Vantage
      > Vue station. I need to know what software I need to buy so I can
      > upload to wuhu. I'm the nearest station to our local airport and many
      > people monitor my station for weather conditions.
      >
      > I'm running Windows XP Home SP 3. Have heard that the direct serial
      > connection is the best for the Vantage Vue. Any advice or
      > recommendations before I make the purchase???
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Gregory

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic