16707Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: LaCrosse 2310

  • William DePriest
    Jun 3, 2010
      I had this problem also, and an easier fix for me was to wrap a few layers of electrical tape around the seam where it comes apart instead of actually taking it apart.  That fix has worked for over a year now.

      On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Dimitris <meteo@...> wrote:

      This problem you can fix it and with black paint inside .
      My old anemometer with proppele it had this problem
      Here is the solution

      http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/project_fix-anemometer-problem.html

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@...> wrote:

      > I'm using this with my WS2350 and have no problems. The original failed after 18 months for no apparent reason. The only problem you may get is from solar radiation (this can be sorted by using copper tape around the anemometer sensor body) where the wind direction is reported as being from the same direction, when you know for a fact it isn't.
      > Don't forget that you can filter out some wind speed errors via the WUHU software.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, David Lipper <glenvilleweather@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 2010-06-02 08:10, ronw72 wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Has anyone changed to this
      > > > http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopexd.asp?id=1321
      > > >
      > > > I have always had problems with spiders building webs in the original,
      > > > and I'm finally fed up with fighting the problem, so would like to
      > > > know if anyone has changed the wind sensor?
      > > >
      > > Yes, I have used this to replace my original, turbine anemometer on
      > > WS-2310, and it works very well.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic