16617Re: WUHU Running But No Data Recorded or Sent to Internet Sites

  • nczman
    May 9, 2010
      Having done a lot with Virtual machines lately, I am curious if you tried to run it in XP mode? I think you go to the exe and right click and do a run as and run it in XP emulation

      Randy

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@...> wrote:

      > Ifound out that I am unable toupgrade my system to Windows 7 Pro because the processor is unable to handle it. I called Dell and told them of my problem and they had another suggestion. they sent me a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium to install. I did this and WUHU has worked fine since then. Although this 32-bit version doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 64-bit version I find that it is more than satisfactory. I thought I'd pass this on for anyone else in a similar situation.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kevbert002_5" <kev_eric@> wrote:
      > >
      > > By performing an Anytime Upgrade on Home Premium allows you to access the XP emulation. The Win7 Home Premium has all the software required to run Professional and Ultimate but you need the (expensive) access key from Microsoft in order to run all options for the version of Win7 you require.
      > > I've upgraded to Professional from Home Premium 64 bit and it runs fine on my Revo R3610. You'll need the drivers for XP in order to use the USB/Serial adapter and you won't need to set anything else up in order to use the XP emulation and the WUHU software. You won't need to use HeavyWeather either as direct serial support works fine.
      > > I'm using WUHU to send data to CWOP, PWS and Weather Underground. Hamweather seems to only allow for people in Canada or USA to register (I'm in the UK).
      > > Post back if you get any problems.
      > > Cheers
      > > Kevin.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "drifter17536" <drifter17536@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Do I understand correctly that upgrading to Professional takes care of the problem? I'm not familiar with what you mean by XP emulation?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic