15760Re: Davis Vantage Pro2 install

  • azbolt
    Dec 20, 2009
      I'm still having problems getting WUHU to recognize my moms new Davis Vantage Pro weather station. There is no COM associated with it when it is plugged in to the computer (running Vista 32bit) as it is USB, not serial. There are NO COM ports listed in the Device Manager, however, when I plug in the serial cable for the OLD LaCrosse weather station, a COM port pops up and is used. So, the question is, how can I bypass the necessity of a COM port when selecting "Davis Vantage Pro 2" as the option under "General Settings (You must be Stopped to change these settings)" on WUHU? Surely there are other USB Vantage Pro 2 users out there that have this working....
      Thanks again for any additional advice anyone can give!

      Kevin

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "azbolt" <azbolt@...> wrote:

      > Thanks all for the advice, I'll see if I can find which COM port it is on. I just assumed no COM port since it's USB.
      >
      > Kevin
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "azbolt" <azbolt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Howdy, I've installed a Davis Vantage Pro2 for my mom and purchased the WeatherLink software and attachment to hook it up to the computer via USB. Seems to be working fine, except for the connection to WUHU. She WAS using at LaCrosse station hooked up via serial cable on COM1. Now that I've switched it to USB, there isn't really a COM associated with it and it seems to be required (when selecting the Davis Vantage Pro2 on the WUHU software, it still wants a COM selected). Does that make sense? If so, how do I associate the new station with the WUHU software on her computer when using a USB connection? Thanks for any insight!
      > >
      > > Kevin

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic