15509Re: New La Crosse 2810

  • Dan Brown
    Nov 3, 2009
      that's too bad HS, I really like the wireless idea, so much more flexibility. love wuhu too much to give it up though! not a big fan of compact systems since I prefer my wind roof level due to the amounts of trees in and around me, and prefer my temp & rain away from house around eye level for easy access if need be. the weather service does not advise temp sensors in constant shade since they tend to read too cool, and near the eaves of homes could be too warm. unfortunately the radiation shields provided in these stations are just too small to keep down the solar radiation contamination, so some have no choice, unless they are aspirated. the larger ones the NWS use seem to do fine in the sun, even without aspiration. and since I have one I just slide the little one into the core of the larger one. works like a charm...

      db

      > I looked at their software manual about 6 months ago. Although it is called Heavyweather Professional, it is not the same as used on the WS-36XX or any other station. Currently, only that station is supported when using that software.
      >
      > I did not see any obvious way to retrieve the data. It appears that they are using a database of some kind, I am not sure. If it is mysql, we might be able to do something with it although I am sure the updates are limited to probably 5 mins if I had to guess.
      >
      > There is a 99.9999% chance that La Crosse with not be releasing the USB protocol, so direct communication support will not be possible.
      >
      > For that reason alone, I would go with the Davis Vue.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbear" <weatherbear@> wrote:
      > >
      > > just wondering...will wuhu work with the new WS-2810 all wireless unit with the plug in usb transceiver, or will you need to do some tweaking?
      > >
      > > db
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker <kamakzie@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I believe so, I'll check when I get home..

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic