14918Re: La Crosse WS-2310 Rain Collector

  • toms-weather@ameritech.net
    Jul 30, 2009

      Hey Kris,

      When you opened it up, did you notice ANY signs of spiders?  Even though you could actuate it by hand, one or two  good strong webs may be enough to prevent rainfal from actuating it.  I used to have an occational problem, but now I spray the whole thing inside and out avoiding electrical connections,  a couple times a year (spring and summer) with Ortho Home Defense to keep these little guys away.

      Tom.