14793Re: rain gauge problems

    Jul 10, 2009
      Possible. Are you checking the changes to the rain total at the console or within WUHU? If within WUHU make sure that "disable all rainfall reporting" and "disable rainfall sensor" options are not checked.

      I guess what I would to is use the meter at the end of the RJ-11 that connects to the remote thermo. If that checks out ok, pop the case on the remote thermo, trace the leads that go from the rain sensor's RJ11 port to where ever they are routed on the printed circuit board. If the signal makes it all the way to the chip it is connected to, then I would guess it is a bad sensor at that point.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell" <mtm81989@...> wrote:

      > ok the station name is ws-2310 twc, and i tested the reed switch and it works fine... and also i replaced the wire so its good... but still nothing. i still doesnt work. could it be the hydro/thermal sensor being messed up?
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Check the reed switch with a continuity tester. It should close when you pass a magent past it.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic