14552Rain gauge severely overcalculating...need help!

  • denver_lee2001
    Jun 11, 2009
      Hello everyone.
      My Gauge began severly over calculating rainfall this morning during a T-shower. I am a member of Cocorahs and have a NWS certified gauge and It measures a 24 hr total of 0.65" while the station one shows a whopping 2.69" !

      I checked the history and found it jumped an inch during a 5 minute interval( have history set to register @ 5 Min. interval) @ 10:30-10:30 a.m.. There was a previous huge jump(10 inches!, of which i cleared) exactly 2 hours earlier.?

      I am in hopes something simple is happenning here and can be remedied easily, although fear lightning may have somehow affected it although there were no close strikes during each occurence.?.

      I greatly appreciate any help with this.
      Sincerely, Denver
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic