14411Re: Sensor question

  • bftrim
    May 2, 2009
      I forgot to mention that yesterday, I went up on the roof changed the batteries unplugged the cables and checked for any water leakage, plugged everything back in, unplugged the console for about 5 minutes, and held the + down until it beeped twice. Still the same thing - no temp, no rainfall amount, no humidity, no windspeed - just dashes. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

      Brent

      > If you are in wireless mode, I would not suspect that you have lightning damage.
      >
      > Check the batteries in the remote thermo then perform a console synchronization by holding the + key until the console beeps twice.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bftrim" <mymail@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I think my poor weather station was a victim of a mean spring storm. I have a LaCrosse 2316 weather station and for th epast two and a half years it has been working great. It is transmitting wirelessly from the sensor unit to the console without any issues. The sensor is under the eves of my house and is not exposed directly to the rain. A couple of days ago we had a really good spring thunderstorm and although I don't think we had any really close lightning strikes, since the storm I am not getting any reading on the console. All I have for the temp., humidity, and windspeed are just dashes. I have heard that LaCrosse stations are particularly sensitive to lightning so I am thinking that the sensor got nailed. The question I have is can I just get a new sensor, or do you think that the wind speed sensor or the rain gauge got fried too and that I will need to buy a whol new package? If I can just get the new sensor/transmitter, where is the best blace to find one that works with my existing rain gauge and wind sensor. Do you think that the problem is a fried sensor? Thanks for the help.
      > >
      > > Brent

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic