12684Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Unable to open specified communications port.

  • eddie
    Nov 2, 2008
      Sorry all.. seems the adapter was just barely unplugged. It is working now. My bad...

      From: eddie
      Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:49 AM
      Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Unable to open specified communications port.

      I have that same thing , as recommended by wuhu
      I went through all the ports and updated the drivers

      Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:43 AM

      USB to serial adapters are for the most part unreliable due to either
      bad hardware design or more likely, bad Windows drivers that they have
      created for the operating system.

      You can check with the manufacturer to see if they have updated their
      driver.

      The other option is to purchase one that is known to work well.

      See:

      http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ wuhu_software_ group/message/ 11105

      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "eddie" <djx_master@ ...>
      wrote:

      > So then how do I
      fix it?

      October 31, 2008 6:13 PM
      > To:
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com

      Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: Unable to open specified
      communications port.

      > My guess is a
      faulty driver that handles the USB to serial adapter.

      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Eddie" djx_master@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > this is the message
      I get when starting WUHU. and in the same
      message
      > > it says make
      sure this port exists in the system and is not being
      used
      > > by
      another application like Heavyweather.
      > > I don't even have HW
      installed.
      > > This error seems to happen every now and again, and I
      was somehow
      able
      > > to fix it. Seems I am having a brain
      fart.
      > > I normally have it connecting to COM8, not sure why that one
      out of
      > > the 30 to select from but it works. I went through the USB
      posrts in
      > > the device manager to make sure all were enabled and no
      problems
      exist.
      > > I think maybe someone told me of a simple fix
      for this but I just
      > > can't remember it.
      > > Also, in the
      past month I had to reformat my computer because of
      some

      Microsoft update corrupting my OS. Since then, my computer seems to
      be
      > > happy communicating with my Lacrosse 2315 via USB, whereas
      before
      the
      > > reformat, my PC usually froze after a while.
      > > Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there and hope to gain
      > > some feedback on my communication errors...
      > > THANKS
      WUHU!

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic