12233Re: Off line version of the user manual...

  • alrjr2001
    Sep 1, 2008
      Thank you & John as well - I'll try & open it on my wifes machine as
      we have all the Office stuff on there & if the viewer isnt yet
      installed I'm sure its on the Office install CD.
      Thanks Again
      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121

      > .chm files are a Microsoft file format. The viewer is automatically
      > installed on machines with Office 2000 and a few other MS packages.
      > Apparently MS is dropping the format in the future citing potential
      > security risks (just another one of the endless security risks with MS).
      >
      > It is not easy to find their viewer. It is apparently part of the
      > Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
      >
      > You can get it here:

      > Click the link on the page to download Htmlhelp.exe. Run it and it
      > should install the viewer.
      >
      > Google has posted a list of other viewers here:
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/htmlhelp/wiki/CHM
      >
      > If we do include the user manual in the WUHU distributable, I guess we
      > will need to consider how to install the viewer as well. I would not
      > have thought about it since it comes with the C++ compiler.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi John, Is the .chm file thats contained in the zip file something
      > > that will open on the PC with just a double click? (I "assume" using
      > > notepad or perhaps Word, etc.) I tried to open it on the Mac & though
      > > I'm sure I can find a piece of software that will allow it to open
      > > properly as it is I get the examples folder & the wuhumanual.chm file
      > > which doesnt associate with anything I have on the machine. I can move
      > > it to a PC if need be, just curious about a .chm file as this is the
      > > first time I've seen one:-)
      > > Thanks
      > > Arnold In The Smokies
      > > DW1121
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss john@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Question: John,The YAHOO wuhu group told me to get in touch with you
      > > here. I am new to PWS and wuhu and would like to get a COMPLETE user
      > > manual without having to download 30 or 40 individual chapters. Do you
      > > have this available in one file?Thanks, Warren, W4WR
      > > >

      > > > Hey Warren,
      > > >
      > > > Yes it is available here:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/wuhumanual.zip

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic