11022Re: inspeed settings

    May 2, 2008
      Jeff,

      To configure WUHU to work with the Inspeed, do the following:

      1) Exit WUHU.
      2) Edit the WUHU configuration.ini file (in the C:\Program files\WUHU
      directory) with Notepad.
      3) Add the following keys to the General Settings section:

      Example:

      [General Settings]
      .
      .
      Alternate Wind Sensor Type=1
      Alternate Wind Sensor Port=COM2

      Note #1: Make sure these keys are not already defined in the General
      Setting section. If either key is found, replace them.

      Note #2: The above assumes the Inspeed is on COM2.

      4) Start WUHU.

      If you have any problems let me know.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Waltermire"
      <jwaltermire@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I finally got my La Crosse 2315 up and going this week. I'm on WU
      > running WUHU as KMIPLAIN2 or go to 49080 and pick "Airport Park
      Plat".

      > My setup: the 2315 wireless to the console then USB to serial
      adapter
      > to the computer. I have my inspeed hooked up to the bicycle
      computer
      > and have been looking at the WUHU software. I am running standalone
      > WUHU (without Heavy Weather). In my "General Settings" I am running
      > as WS23XX Direct Serial Access on Com4 and it's working GREAT.
      Where
      > do I add the second serial port and adjust the settings for the
      > Inspeed in WUHU? Do I need Heavy Weather to use the inspeed with
      the
      > La Crosse unit?
      >
      > I've been pretty impressed with my 2317 so far. The max gusts are
      > within about 1.5 to 2 mph of the inspeed. I wonder if La Crosse has
      > updated how their gusts come in as my gusts show up about right on
      WU.

      > The WUHU software is great and worked right away.
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic