Kenwood D7 cables - info and website

  • Richard Montgomery
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      This was mentioned on the national APRS group. Thought I would share if anyone needed some of these. This same website also sells the APRS Opentracker kit. This is what I run in my mobile as KB4YTM-14.  He also sells the Kenwood D700 serial cable to connect to your laptop. I know these are hard to find also. I will paste the entire message below so you can check out his website if you want.
      73
      Richard

      POSTED ON APRS SIG by N1VG SCOTT
      I quickly used up the one GPS/data cable that came with my D7 and was a
      little shocked to see HRO charging $19.95 for 'em separately.  Ok, it's a
      Kenwood part, so I'm not *that* surprised, but anyway...

      I've added a suitable substitute to my inventory, at
      http://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29
      for $2.50 each.  They're basically the same thing, but longer (6 feet), with a
      heavier-duty cable (3.7mm vs. 2mm), so they're not as flexible but I'm also
      not nearly as afraid of them falling apart after a little flexing.  They're
      actually lower profile and stick out about 2mm less when inserted, but still
      have plenty of clearance.

      Not sure if anyone else is carrying these cheap, but I wanted to have a
      bunch on hand anyway, so what the heck.  I've still got plenty of
      pFranc-style Garmin connectors, so you can get parts for a GPS-to-D7 cable
      for under $8.50, shipping included.

      Sorry for the lack of pictures - I'll drag out the photography setup once
      the speaker/mic cables get here.

      Scott
      N1VG