RE: [wtnaprs] Don't forget the Net

  • Roger Elmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2012
      I was having issues with KJ4AJP-12's laptop and reloaded WinXP and the latest APRSIS32. I guess by default Mic-E messages are now decoded. Mobiles and trackers set for "Special", "Priority" or "Emergency" will have color-coded squares around their icons, and an alert message will pop up. So far I've had two mobiles and an Arkansas repeater using D700s let me know they're "Special" hihi. The original spec is at http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt

      On a UI-View note, I stumbled on the info that checking the "Use Reverse Digi Path" box in the IGate setup will do just that (Doh). As it was, messages that had traveled across digis to get to KJ4AJP-5 and into the internet had any replies from the internet sent back out to RF only over KJ4AJP-5's footprint. With that box checked the IGate will attempt to use the same digis to get the reply back to the original sender.
      --
      Roger KJ4AJP