CQ Field Day

  • KB4YTM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2008
      Its that time of year again and the aprs CQSRVR is working great.

      Just in case you missed it, last year just prior to FD time, Pete
      AE5PL designed and setup the CQSRVR. Its main goal was to bring
      together aprs stations during Field Day.

      This is how it works:

      Send a message to CQSRVR

      In the message, start it with CQ FD CQ FD hello from Richard in TN

      I just tried it (its online 24/7 365 days a year), and there were a
      few other stations already in the Que. I was able to talk with a
      fellow named Pete VE7QRZ in Canada, and Dick KB7VZA in Yuma, AZ.

      So if you have your aprs setup during FD (or anytime really), this is
      a sure fire way to make contacts, hone your messaging skills, and
      impress your friends.

      Here is a link to Pete's website with more info about the CQSRVR.

      http://www.aprs-is.net/CQSrvr.aspx

      73 for now
      Richard
      KB4YTM