Which Server?

  • aquarius03blue
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2007
      I'm currently using aprs midwest server. Just wondering should I use
      one closer to Jonesboro such as westtn? Or does it matter which I
      use? Tom
    • KB4YTM
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2007
        Hey again Tom,

        I setup westtn.aprs2.net a few months ago, and it has been really
        reliable. It is located at Jackson State Community College here in
        Jackson, TN.

        Feel free to use it as your primary server, and maybe add
        rotate.aprs2.net as your alternate. This way you will use any of a
        number of Tier2 servers in the rotate list.

        You can checkout the entire list at www.aprs2.net

        If you have any problems getting it setup let us know. Using a Tier2
        server with a filtered connection works great.

        Richard
        KB4YTM