Re: [wtnaprs] Re: Xastir

  • Jacob A. Red KE5FUL
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
      I've got it up and running now at my new job. It was very easy to get going but, just make sure you either have allot of time or a high speed connection when you are downloading the files for cygwin. It was very easy to get going though. I wanted to try it out in windows first before I put it on my linux boxes.

      Does it have any webserver abilities like UIView does? What addon's are out there?

      JRed
      KE5FUL

      On 7/9/06, KB4YTM <kb4ytm@...> wrote:

      I have never used Xastir in Windows, but I have run it many times in
      Linux. It is a great program. It did take a little getting used to
      (but then I am new to Linux also, so that was part of the problem). I
      have read on the national aprs sig that a lot of folks have installed
      it in Windows using that website you provided. I havent tried it, but
      if you do let us know how it goes.

      My Linux elmer is KI4HYF Bill. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt be
      running anything in Linux.

      When I ran Xastir, it also did the WX radar overlays, so you could
      plot the severe wx right on top of all the station positions, and it
      would also show you the watch/warning areas also right on the map.

      Keep us updated if you try it.
      Richard