Re: [wtnaprs] Re: Tropospheric Ducting

  • Jacob A. Red KE5FUL
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22 4:26 PM
      All you have to do is send a message to the station and the body of the message must be ?DX
      Here is a great site that has all the queries listed at the bottom of the page

      JRed

      On 4/22/06, Jeff <ku4ww@...> wrote:
      Hi Tim,

      Tnx. One thing I've noticed (that helps me) is I see messages sent
      to my home station while I'm mobile (D700a) near home. I can't query
      my home station with the D700a, but seeing someone else query it, I
      get the full report. When a home station sends out the Status Report
      at set intervals, it will only show lat/long on the D700a buffer. I
      don't get to see the actual distance in miles.

      Now, have I missed something on the D700a? Is it possible to query a
      station with the D700a? That would be great. Tnx for any info (from
      anyone).

      Jeff/KU4WW

      --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, Tim Billingsley <kd5ckp@...> wrote:

      > Jeff wrote:
      >
      > >When it's present and you are using UI-View32, use your "DX"
      query on
      > >any station using UI-View32 to see what propagation they are
      seeing.
      > >The other station will show it's best DX ignoring stations that
      are
      > >digipeated.
      > >
      > >We have Tropo from Texas to Ohio now on my screen (Saturday
      morning).
      > >Enjoy the "full" benefits of APRS.
      > >
      > >Jeff D.
      > >

      > Thanks Jeff
      >
      > That's not as convenient as them transmitting it in their status
      text
      > and it automagically compiling on the UIPath info, but it serves
      the
      > purpose.
      >
      > 73
      > Tim KD5CKP

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Richard Montgomery
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22 4:30 PM
        Hey Jeff,

        Try this:

        Send the message DX by itself to your home station and it 'should'
        return the best DX in an abbreviated message.

        Make sure that in OPTIONS, REMOTE COMMANDS in UIView32 that you have
        either ONLY ME or ANYONE selected. I 'think' that has to be on one or
        the other for it to work properly.

        Here is my 'best DX' from KB4YTM-2 there in Jackson. Its on a J-pole
        on the rear of my office where I work. Not the best location, but it
        does hear ok most of the time.

        KB4YTM-2 <A63>KA4BNI-5 35.46.80N 88.32.21W 19 miles 62ø

        Richard

        --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <ku4ww@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tim,
        >
        > Tnx. One thing I've noticed (that helps me) is I see messages sent
        > to my home station while I'm mobile (D700a) near home. I can't query
        > my home station with the D700a, but seeing someone else query it, I
        > get the full report. When a home station sends out the Status Report
        > at set intervals, it will only show lat/long on the D700a buffer. I
        > don't get to see the actual distance in miles.
        >
        > Now, have I missed something on the D700a? Is it possible to query a
        > station with the D700a? That would be great. Tnx for any info (from
        > anyone).
        >
        > Jeff/KU4WW
        >
        > --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, Tim Billingsley <kd5ckp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Jeff wrote:
        > >
        > > >When it's present and you are using UI-View32, use your "DX"
        > query on
        > > >any station using UI-View32 to see what propagation they are
        > seeing.
        > > >The other station will show it's best DX ignoring stations that
        > are
        > > >digipeated.
        > > >
        > > >We have Tropo from Texas to Ohio now on my screen (Saturday
        > morning).
        > > >Enjoy the "full" benefits of APRS.
        > > >
        > > >Jeff D.
        > > >

        > > Thanks Jeff
        > >
        > > That's not as convenient as them transmitting it in their status
        > text
        > > and it automagically compiling on the UIPath info, but it serves
        > the
        > > purpose.
        > >
        > > 73
        > > Tim KD5CKP

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22 6:06 PM
          Ok, tnx Richard and Jacob for the info. That's what I love about all
          this stuff. The D700a will do everything but wash the dishes (hmmm,
          may do that too) and APRS is very useful, it just takes some
          understanding and playing around with it all. Have fun.

          Jeff D.

          --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Montgomery" <kb4ytm@...>