UI-Webserver

  • Jacob A. Red KE5FUL
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16 9:57 AM
      Does anyone else use UI-Webserver and have a host name that you can access from the internet? I am wanting to list sites like this on my website.

      My ui-webserver address is www.ke5ful.gotdns.com. It's not the greatest because I am on dial up. Hopefully that will change soon.

      JRed
      KE5FUL

    • Richard Montgomery
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 2:26 PM
        Hey JRed,

        I dont use UI-Webserver personally, but I have seen several sites on
        the internet that link to personal UIView32 home setups.

        I see your using dyndns.com services for your IP redirect service.
        Have you tried no-ip.com? They are free and work really well. You just
        run a small utility on your pc and it updates your ip automatically
        (just like dyndns).

        Thats what I use on my traffic counter @ http://richdea5.no-ip.org

        Richard

        --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, "Jacob A. Red KE5FUL" <ke5ful@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone else use UI-Webserver and have a host name that you can
        access
        > from the internet? I am wanting to list sites like this on my website.
        >

        > My ui-webserver address is www.ke5ful.gotdns.com. It's not the greatest
        > because I am on dial up. Hopefully that will change soon.
        >
        > JRed
        > KE5FUL

      • Jacob A. Red KE5FUL
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 2:31 PM

          DynDns does the same thing for free also. I just found about them first, that’s all.

          I dont use UI-Webserver personally, but I have seen several sites on
          the internet that link to personal UIView32 home setups.

          I see your using dyndns.com services for your IP redirect service.
          Have you tried no-ip.com? They are free and work really well. You just
          run a small utility on your pc and it updates your ip automatically
          (just like dyndns).

          Thats what I use on my traffic counter @  http://richdea5.no-ip.org

          Richard

          --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com , "Jacob A. Red KE5FUL" <ke5ful@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone else use UI-Webserver and have a host name that you can
          access
          > from the internet? I am wanting to list sites like this on my website.
          >

          > My ui-webserver address is www.ke5ful.gotdns.com. It's not the greatest
          > because I am on dial up. Hopefully that will change soon.
          >
          > JRed
          > KE5FUL

        • Richard Montgomery
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20 3:09 PM
            Ahh ok,

            I was thinking of dynip.com I guess. I think they charge a monthly fee
            for their redirect service.

            I also use it to connect to my tnc @ KB4YTM-2. You can tell UIView to
            connect using AGWPE and direct it to crjvx.no-ip.org port 8000 and
            then you will be talking directly to my tnc/radio there in Jackson.

            Richard

            --- In wtnaprs@yahoogroups.com, "Jacob A. Red KE5FUL" <ke5ful@...> wrote:

            > DynDns does the same thing for free also. I just found about them first,
            > that's all.
            >

            > Jacob A. Red
            >
            > KE5FUL
            >

            > www.ke5ful.com