Re: [wtl] Discussion: WTL Standalone?

  • Paul Grenyer
    Message 1 of 135 , May 31, 2004
      Hi

      > Paul Grenyer wrote:
      > > ...and thinking about it some more. LPCTSTR is there to handle
      > > char arrays right? Char arrays have no place in a C++ library.
      >
      > Perhaps so, but unfortunately Win32 is not a C++ library.

      Win32 isn't, but WTL is!

      Regards
      Paul

      Paul Grenyer
      Email: paul@...
      Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk

      Have you met Aeryn: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk/aeryn/?
      Version 0.3.0 beta now ready for download
    • Edwards, John
      Message 135 of 135 , Jun 9 12:57 AM
        WTL is a C++ Windows (Microsoft Win32) Template Library. Refactoring to get
        rid of any difficulties of using STL with this C++ library seems
        justifiable. Refactoring to enable ease of use on all Win32 platforms seems
        reasonable. Refactoring to make it portable in the way STL is seems a
        irrelevant step to far. If what people want is a general portable GUI
        library why start with WTL?