Re: TreeView in Dialogs - Focus problem

  • Igor Tandetnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      "geraldolmr" <geraldol@...> wrote in
      message news:c1rf7f+humn@......
      > When I use a TreeView in a Dialog and press the mouse button on an
      > item (and keep it pressed), the selection changes to the item, but
      > the focus (the square around the item) doesn't change until I release
      > the button. This behavior doesn't appear if the TreeView is created
      > on a Window (like CMainFrame). Anyone has noticed this behavior ?

      I see the same behavior in Explorer, in Folder tree. Come to think of
      it, this makes sense. You may want to start dragging, rather than
      switching focus. In this situation, switching focus and changing the
      content of the right pane is not a good idea - you may have wanted to
      drag into the folder currently displayed in said right pane.
      --
      With best wishes,
      Igor Tandetnik

      and wrong." H.L. Mencken