RE: [wtl] Re: IE toolbar with WTL

  • maxime.montserret@bt.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002
      thanks you very much for your help
      I think I'll use the firts method :
      Message Broadcasting
      but how I can send the message to all windows (with which method)
      how I can receive this message ???

      thanks a lot for your help

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        At Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 5:38:25 PM, maxime wrote:
        > thanks you very much for your help
        > I think I'll use the firts method :
        > Message Broadcasting
        > but how I can send the message to all windows (with which method)
        > how I can receive this message ???

        Do this in all apps that need to send or rx this message.

        UINT MyMsgID = RegisterWindowMessage("SomeUniqueString");

        PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, MyMsgID, wparam, lparam);

        Regrettably, this only sends to top-level windows, *NOT* child
        windows. Sometimes this isn't an issue.

        <SNIP>

        --
        Mike mailto:Mike@...
      • maxime.montserret@bt.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2002
          thank you for your response.
          but i don't know how I can receive the message sent by another window
          could you tell me the solution
          many thanks in advance

          At Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 5:38:25 PM, maxime wrote:
          > thanks you very much for your help
          > I think I'll use the firts method :
          > Message Broadcasting
          > but how I can send the message to all windows (with which method)
          > how I can receive this message ???

          Do this in all apps that need to send or rx this message.

          UINT MyMsgID = RegisterWindowMessage("SomeUniqueString");

          PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, MyMsgID, wparam, lparam);

          Regrettably, this only sends to top-level windows, *NOT* child
          windows. Sometimes this isn't an issue.

          <SNIP>

          --
          Mike mailto:Mike@...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17050067
          64:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupmai
          l/S=1705006764:HM/A=1036972/rand=297611616>

        • maxime.montserret@bt.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2002
            I try to create and start a new thread which listens to catch a new message.
            but when I send a message with a browser, I don't receive it with the other
            browser.
            have you got an idea ???

            At Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 5:38:25 PM, maxime wrote:
            > thanks you very much for your help
            > I think I'll use the firts method :
            > Message Broadcasting
            > but how I can send the message to all windows (with which method)
            > how I can receive this message ???

            Do this in all apps that need to send or rx this message.

            UINT MyMsgID = RegisterWindowMessage("SomeUniqueString");

            PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, MyMsgID, wparam, lparam);

            Regrettably, this only sends to top-level windows, *NOT* child
            windows. Sometimes this isn't an issue.

            <SNIP>

            --
            Mike mailto:Mike@...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17050067
            64:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupmai
            l/S=1705006764:HM/A=1036972/rand=297611616>

          • max_mont
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2002
              I 've developed a dll for IE in order to add a toolbar.
              the debug version is working
              but when I try to use release (mindependency or minsize), IE tells me
              an internal error
              could you help me please
              many thanks in advance