Build errors with VS2012/VC++11

  • Jim Barry
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
      Hi folks,

      As per bugs 696790<http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/696790/atl-missing-general-dll-version-helpers>
      and 731919<http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/731919/wtl-8-1-in-vc-11>
      on
      Microsoft Connect, ATL 11 ceases to define AtlGetDllVersion,
      AtlGetCommCtrlVersion, and AtlGetShellVersion, preventing WTL apps from
      compiling with VS2012.

      I propose to fix the problem by breaking this dependency on undocumented
      ATL functions and adding the equivalent functions WtlGetDllVersion,
      WtlGetCommCtrlVersion, and WtlGetShellVersion to atlapp.h. Any objections?

      Cheers,

      - Jim

    • Jim Barry
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
        Apologies for the HTML post - I forgot that Yahoo doesn't allow that.
        Anyway, I just grabbed the latest from SVN and discovered that Nenad
        already worked around this problem by inserting extra "_ATL_VER >=
        0x0B00" conditions in atlapp.h. D'oh! Well, I still prefer my
        solution, as I don't think it's appropriate for WTL to be defining
        functions in ATL's namespace. However, as the specific issue has been
        addressed, I will leave things as they are.

        By the way, the SF project pages indicate that WTL80 is the latest
        version - maybe somebody could update that.

        - Jim