Re: [wtl] What is the latest on formal plans for the next official WTL version?

  • Nenad Stefanovic
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2010
      Hi Mike,

      There are no firm plans at this point, but the work is still going on.

      I will release a formal update. We do have plenty of changes there, so it is
      way overdue.

      Cheers,
      Nenad

      On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Mike Diack <mike_diack@...> wrote:

      > Talking of "witty" comments re: WTL...
      >
      > What is going on with WTL. There's been no formal release for several years
      >
      > now.
      > Is the library no longer updated at a formal level (i.e. people are left to
      >
      > get the updates from the respository to patch their copy)?
      >
      > Am a bit confused.....
      >
      > Mike

    • Philipp Kursawe
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2010
        Hi Nenad,

        > There are no firm plans at this point, but the work is still going on.
        >
        > I will release a formal update. We do have plenty of changes there, so it is
        > way overdue.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Nenad

        Now thats interesting news. I wonder which changes that might be?
        I am still using the WTL to develop for the newest windows versions. The
        programs are very small compared even to the .net stuff.

        Keep on the good work!

        Phil
      • yarp
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 10, 2010
          A new version ? Cool. These are good news.
          WTL is the best library around, so easy to subclass a control with it.
          I don't want to use anything else.

          --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, Nenad Stefanovic <nenad2001@...> wrote:

          > Hi Mike,
          >
          > There are no firm plans at this point, but the work is still going on.
          >
          > I will release a formal update. We do have plenty of changes there, so it is
          > way overdue.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Nenad

        • Nenad Stefanovic
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
            Hi Phil,

            Thanks!

            Changes is maybe a wrong word - think of them as bug fixes, small
            improvements. And, of course, Alain's great new work for Ribbon support.

            Cheers,
            Nenad

            On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Philipp Kursawe <phil.kursawe@...>wrote:

            > Hi Nenad,
            >

            > > There are no firm plans at this point, but the work is still going on.
            > >
            > > I will release a formal update. We do have plenty of changes there, so it
            > is
            > > way overdue.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Nenad
            >
            > Now thats interesting news. I wonder which changes that might be?
            > I am still using the WTL to develop for the newest windows versions. The
            > programs are very small compared even to the .net stuff.
            >
            > Keep on the good work!
            >
            > Phil

          • umeca74
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
              Keep up the good work Nenad, we want WTL alive and kicking into the far far future :)
            • Joe Andrieu
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
                +1 to that!

                Joe Andrieu
                joe@...
                +1 (805) 705-8651

                On 11/11/2010 2:52 AM, umeca74 wrote:
                > Keep up the good work Nenad, we want WTL alive and kicking into the far far future :)

              • Igor Vigdorchik
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
                  +2

                  Sent from iPhone.

                  On Nov 11, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Joe Andrieu <joe@...> wrote:

                  > +1 to that!
                  >
                  > Joe Andrieu
                  > joe@...
                  > +1 (805) 705-8651
                  >
                  > On 11/11/2010 2:52 AM, umeca74 wrote:
                  > > Keep up the good work Nenad, we want WTL alive and kicking into the far far future :)

                • Elijah Zarezky
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
                    +100 :-)

                    On 11.11.2010 13:52, umeca74 wrote:
                    > Keep up the good work Nenad, we want WTL alive and kicking into the far
                    > far future :)

                  • Peter Kvitek
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
                      Keep up the good work!

                      I'm using WTL for more than 10 years in a bunch of medium and large
                      projects, and it never let me down.

                      /Peter

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 12, 2010
                        Thanks everybody for your nice comments. I really appreciate them.

                        Cheers,
                        Nenad