Removing/Hiding Scroll Bars

  • Ken Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19 3:06 PM
      I have an IWebBrowser2 control being hosted in a window derived from
      CAxDialogImpl using a dialog template. One of the constraints I have
      been given is that no scroll bars be present, no matter what the page
      content. This control is the only control on this dialog box.

      How would I go about implementing this constraint? If I can't
      implement it completely how close can I get considering possible
      limitations.

      Thanks in advance for you time and assistance.
    • Igor Tandetnik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19 4:50 PM
        "Ken Wilson" <kwilson.dev@...> wrote in
        message news:f7on9b+jkv6@...
        > I have an IWebBrowser2 control being hosted in a window derived from
        > CAxDialogImpl using a dialog template. One of the constraints I have
        > been given is that no scroll bars be present, no matter what the page
        > content. This control is the only control on this dialog box.

        Use GetDlgHost method to obtain IAxWinAmbientDispatch, call
        put_DocHostFlags with DOCHOSTUIFLAG_SCROLL_NO (and other flags to
        taste). Do it before navigating the browser to any URL.
        --
        With best wishes,
        Igor Tandetnik

        necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
        land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
        overhead. -- RFC 1925