Re: Easy question for "the boys in the back room"

  • enjoy_yjh
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      UI update functions.
      See this:

      http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/wtl4mfc2.asp#uiupdating

      --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, Ingar Steinsland <ingar@...> wrote:

      > Scenario: WTL MDI application.
      >
      > I need to modify the menu, both the main menu and the MDI menu.
      > I need to translate the menu, and the enable/disable menu items,
      etc.

      > Q: Where is the proper place in the program to do this?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ingar
      >

      > --

      ___
      > Ingar Rune Steinsland, LabelCraft AS, P.O. Box 229, 1541 Vestby,
      Norway
      > Phone: 47+64982400/64982402 Cell: +4790055401 Fax: 47-
      64982401
      > email: ingar@... web: www.labelcraft.net

      ___

    • Nenad Stefanovic
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2006
        Hi Ingar,

        Easy and MDI? Hmm :-)

        Other than the usual UpdateUI stuff, you need to know that the menu is
        being changed when MDI client window receives WM_MDISETMENU message. So,
        to handle all menus, you need to subclass the MDI Client window, and
        then handle WM_MDISETMENU.

        Cheers,
        Nenad

        > I need to modify the menu, both the main menu and the MDI menu.
        > I need to translate the menu, and the enable/disable menu items,
        etc.

        > Q: Where is the proper place in the program to do this?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ingar
        >

        > --

        ___