Re: is there a updated version of wtl grid available?

  • succeeded918
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 7, 2005
      awesome man :) you are great !
      --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "ntufarellich" <ntufarelli@h...> wrote:
      > --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "succeeded918" <iunknown918@h...> wrote:
      > > the wtl grid in the file section is cool,
      > > hope it could support multiline edit and color edit.
      >
      > I've uploaded a new file, autosizecell.zip, which contains a new
      > cell type supporting a multiline edit control.
      >
      > To use it:
      >
      > CCellTypeFactoryImpl<CAutoSizeGridCell> cellType;
      >
      > if (!m_Grid.SetCellType(row, col, &cellType))
      > return 0;
      >
      > m_Grid.SetItemFormat(row, col, DT_LEFT | DT_WORDBREAK);
      >
      > Remember to add DT_WORDBREAK to the cell format, it's very
      important.

      > Keep this new file as a template for how to add a new cell type to
      > the grid.
      > If you need info on how to use the grid or other samples, try to
      > refer to the MFC documentation on codeproject; you can try to port
      > some cell types to WTL or create new by yourself.
      >
      > If you are using this grid, let me know if you find bugs and upload
      > new cell types if you create them...
      >
      > Bye
    • ntufarellich
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 7, 2005
        --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "succeeded918" <iunknown918@h...> wrote:
        > awesome man :) you are great !

        Many thanks, but remember the hard job was done by Chris Maunder for
        the MFC version, I've only "translated" it to WTL.

        Also, I would like to know if there is anyone else using the WTLGrid
        and if he/they have found problems with it.

        Bye
      • Mateusz Loskot
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 7, 2005
          Hi,

          > Also, I would like to know if there is anyone else using the WTLGrid
          > and if he/they have found problems with it.

          In spite of my critique opinion presented on the CodeProject forum, I'm still interested in WTLGrid.
          $I'm going to dig into the code of this nice gadget ASAP.
          So, I'd like to express my thanks to all WTLGrid authors.

          Cheers

          --
          Mateusz Loskot
        • ntufarellich
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
            --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "Mateusz Loskot" <mloskot@t...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >

            > > Also, I would like to know if there is anyone else using the
            WTLGrid
            > > and if he/they have found problems with it.
            >
            > In spite of my critique opinion presented on the CodeProject
            forum, I'm still interested in WTLGrid.
            > $I'm going to dig into the code of this nice gadget ASAP.
            > So, I'd like to express my thanks to all WTLGrid authors.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > --
            > Mateusz Loskot

            I've not published anything on codeproject, so I think you are
            talking about another WTLGrid...
            I've tried to use it, but I was not able to do, also for working
            samples missing.
            So I decided to see if it was possible to use the same Grid
            developed by Chris for MFC simply translating calls from MFC to WTL.
            So, this is what I've done, a simple tanslation.

            I hope you may find it useful...

            Bye
          • Noel Frankinet
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
              ntufarellich wrote:

              >--- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "Mateusz Loskot" <mloskot@t...> wrote:
              >

              >>Hi,
              >>

              >>>Also, I would like to know if there is anyone else using the
              >>>

              >WTLGrid
              >

              >>>and if he/they have found problems with it.
              >>>

              >>In spite of my critique opinion presented on the CodeProject
              >>

              >forum, I'm still interested in WTLGrid.
              >

              >>$I'm going to dig into the code of this nice gadget ASAP.
              >>So, I'd like to express my thanks to all WTLGrid authors.
              >>
              >>Cheers
              >>
              >>--
              >>Mateusz Loskot
              >>

              >I've not published anything on codeproject, so I think you are
              >talking about another WTLGrid...
              >I've tried to use it, but I was not able to do, also for working
              >samples missing.
              >So I decided to see if it was possible to use the same Grid
              >developed by Chris for MFC simply translating calls from MFC to WTL.
              >So, this is what I've done, a simple tanslation.
              >
              >I hope you may find it useful...
              >
              >Bye
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Hello,
              I'm the author of this other grid. I mainly use it for property edition
              now. Its also fairly easily used to edit db record (I bind it to sqlite).
              You may find a more modern version and some doc on my site.
              It also works quite well on CE (my main target) so its fully unicode
              compliant.
              Maybe I should change the name, now than a more "official" Wtlgrid exist ?

              --
              Noël Frankinet
              Gistek Software SA
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                Hi,

                succeeded918 wrote:
                > the wtl grid in the file section is cool,
                > hope it could support multiline edit and color edit.

                This may be a good time for me to announce that I have released an
                (incomplete) grid control as part of my WtlEx library on wtlex.sf.net.
                It is a (imo) WTL/ATL-like grid in that it uses traits classes to
                configure the (default) celltypes and data that is stored, so you could
                for example make a 'virtual' grid that would read directly from whatever
                data source you're using and keep that code separated from the actual
                grid code. The same mechanism could be used to make a database-coupling.
                But like I said, it's not complete yet, I'd like to get some feedback of
                what is needed to make it more useful for people. At the moment two
                celltypes are implemented, an edit-control based one and a checkbox,
                I'll be extending that as requests for others come in.
                It's only available through the sourceforge cvs at the moment and it's
                released under the same license WTL is, to make it easy for developers
                to incorporate it into their code.
                Again, be warned that it's very rough, read the website for an
                explanation on why I released it in the state it is.

                cheers,

                roel

                PS other components of the library include WTL-like wrappers around
                Sqlite & Scintilla, a 'balloon tooltip' control and a 'system tray' control.
              • ntufarellich
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                  > Hello,
                  > I'm the author of this other grid. I mainly use it for property
                  edition
                  > now. Its also fairly easily used to edit db record (I bind it to
                  sqlite).
                  > You may find a more modern version and some doc on my site.
                  > It also works quite well on CE (my main target) so its fully
                  unicode
                  > compliant.
                  > Maybe I should change the name, now than a more "official" Wtlgrid
                  exist ?

                  > --
                  > Noël Frankinet
                  > Gistek Software SA
                  > http://www.gistek.net

                  Hey Noël,

                  the name of the class is WTLGridCtrl (like MFCGridCtrl), so no need
                  to change the name in your class. It is far from being an official
                  release, I've made it for my needs and I've uploaded it only because
                  someone asked for it.

                  I was interested in your WTLGrid (and still I am) and I know there
                  is an updated version on gistek web site, but there are no working
                  samples for the new release and in your documentation is not
                  explained how to use the grid as a control in a dialog or as a view
                  or how to setup a grid to use it as a property editor or to bind it
                  to a db; so if you may find a little bit of time it may be useful to
                  have a small sample showing these things for the new release,
                  because the sample on codeproject doesn't compile with the new
                  headers... (I've changed to _UNICODE, added stl headers and defined
                  IDS_CUSTOMIZE, but there are still errors like funtion not defined
                  in WTLGridWrapper; I think the class interface has changed, doesn't
                  it?)

                  At the time I began to translate MFCGridCtrl code because I needed
                  some features which were not in your control, mainly printing and
                  print preview support.

                  I know there would be a lot of work to do on it, that's why I'm
                  asking if someone is using the control and if there are known
                  problems with it.

                  Bye,
                  Nicola
                • Mateusz Loskot
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                    Hi,

                    Oh! I see.
                    That's my mistake.
                    Here is that WTL Grid I'm talking about.
                    I put some comments (as mloskot) at the bottom of this article:

                    http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/wtlgrid.asp

                    If you have another WTL Grid I'm very interested.
                    I'll take a look at this code in 1-2 days.
                    So, I'll give you some feedback.

                    Cheers

                    --
                    Mateusz Loskot
                  • Mateusz Loskot
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                      Hi,

                      Hehe, I see we have kind of season for grids ;-)))
                      That's great!
                      Some time ago I ported one of MFC based custom listview found on the CodeProject.
                      I uploaded to the Files section as CCustomListViewCtrl.zip.
                      Certainly, that's not very advanced piece of code, just custom draw listview.
                      So, now after some months I'm glad to hear that WTL grid development goes on.
                      Thanks all of you - grid hackers.

                      --
                      Mateusz Loskot
                    • Noel Frankinet
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                        ntufarellich wrote:

                        >>Hello,
                        >>I'm the author of this other grid. I mainly use it for property
                        >>

                        >edition
                        >

                        >>now. Its also fairly easily used to edit db record (I bind it to
                        >>

                        >sqlite).
                        >

                        >>You may find a more modern version and some doc on my site.
                        >>It also works quite well on CE (my main target) so its fully
                        >>

                        >unicode
                        >

                        >>compliant.
                        >>Maybe I should change the name, now than a more "official" Wtlgrid
                        >>

                        >exist ?
                        >

                        >>--
                        >>Noël Frankinet
                        >>Gistek Software SA
                        >>http://www.gistek.net
                        >>

                        >Hey Noël,
                        >
                        >the name of the class is WTLGridCtrl (like MFCGridCtrl), so no need
                        >to change the name in your class. It is far from being an official
                        >release, I've made it for my needs and I've uploaded it only because
                        >someone asked for it.
                        >
                        >I was interested in your WTLGrid (and still I am) and I know there
                        >is an updated version on gistek web site, but there are no working
                        >samples for the new release and in your documentation is not
                        >explained how to use the grid as a control in a dialog or as a view
                        >or how to setup a grid to use it as a property editor or to bind it
                        >to a db; so if you may find a little bit of time it may be useful to
                        >have a small sample showing these things for the new release,
                        >because the sample on codeproject doesn't compile with the new
                        >headers... (I've changed to _UNICODE, added stl headers and defined
                        >IDS_CUSTOMIZE, but there are still errors like funtion not defined
                        >in WTLGridWrapper; I think the class interface has changed, doesn't
                        >it?)
                        >
                        >At the time I began to translate MFCGridCtrl code because I needed
                        >some features which were not in your control, mainly printing and
                        >print preview support.
                        >
                        >I know there would be a lot of work to do on it, that's why I'm
                        >asking if someone is using the control and if there are known
                        >problems with it.
                        >
                        >Bye,
                        >Nicola

                        Hello Nicola,

                        I have a CPropertyDlg.h that I can send to you. Its not as clean as I
                        would like but you'll get the picture.
                        If you want to use it and still have problem, let me know .

                        Best wishes

                        --
                        Noël Frankinet
                        Gistek Software SA
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                          Could anyone please tell me how to check a check box dynamically.

                          that is to say i want to write a function where i want to check or uncheck a check box;

                          please provide em with the relevent piece of code.

                          Regards

                          divya

                        • NTU
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                            Thank you Noel,

                            it will be very useful, may you upload it to the files section?

                            > Hello Nicola,
                            >
                            > I have a CPropertyDlg.h that I can send to you. Its not as clean as I
                            > would like but you'll get the picture.
                            > If you want to use it and still have problem, let me know .
                            > Best wishes
                            >
                            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • ntufarellich
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                              --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "Mateusz Loskot" <mloskot@t...> wrote:
                              > If you have another WTL Grid I'm very interested.
                              > I'll take a look at this code in 1-2 days.
                              > So, I'll give you some feedback.
                              >

                              > Cheers
                              >

                              > --
                              > Mateusz Loskot

                              You may find the file WTLGrid.zip in the files section; there is also
                              the file Autosizecell.zip with a multiline cell type.

                              Bye,
                              Nicola
                            • Pankaj Gupta
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 8, 2005
                                Assuming that you are using a checkbox that you've
                                declared in an RC file, here is how you should
                                proceed. You first need to attach to the checkbox. For
                                this you should keep a member of type WTL::CButton in
                                your dialog class. Let's call it mCheckBoxInstance. So
                                you need to do

                                WTL::CButton mCheckBoxInstance;

                                in you dialog class.

                                You can attach the resource to this member variable in
                                the FinishCreate() call doing something like:

                                mCheckBoxInstance.Attach(GetDlgItem(resourceID));

                                Once you are attached to the checkbox checking or
                                unchecking is very simple. You can just do

                                mCheckBoxInstance.SetCheck(BST_CHECKED); // for
                                checking

                                mCheckBoxInstance.SetCheck(BST_UNCHECKED); // for
                                unchecking

                                If you are not using a checkbox created through a
                                resource but one that you have created yourself then
                                you don't need to attach to the checkbox using
                                resourceID. You can directly call SetCheck() on such a
                                chckbox.

                                -Pankaj

                                --- divya rao <divyarao22782@...> wrote:

                                > Could anyone please tell me how to check a check box
                                > dynamically.
                                >
                                > that is to say i want to write a function where i
                                > want to check or uncheck a check box;
                                >
                                > please provide em with the relevent piece of code.
                                >
                                > Regards
                                >
                                > divya

                                > removed]

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Palm
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 14, 2005
                                  Are you using SQLite on CE? What are your impressions of it?
                                • Noel Frankinet
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 15, 2005
                                    Palm wrote:

                                    >Are you using SQLite on CE? What are your impressions of it?
                                    >

                                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    Yes I do, it works like a charm !

                                    --
                                    Noël Frankinet
                                    Gistek Software SA
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 15, 2005
                                      Hi,

                                      > Palm wrote:
                                      >
                                      > >Are you using SQLite on CE? What are your impressions of it?
                                      > >

                                      > Yes I do, it works like a charm !

                                      I use sqlite on Windows CE too and I agree, it works like a charm ;-)

                                      Cheers
                                      --
                                      Mateusz Loskot
                                    • succeeded918
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 19, 2005
                                        tooltip has some problem, when i click it, it doesn't disappear, so i
                                        can't edit the cell behind the tooltip
                                        --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "ntufarellich" <ntufarelli@h...> wrote:
                                        > --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "succeeded918" <iunknown918@h...> wrote:
                                        > > the wtl grid in the file section is cool,
                                        > > hope it could support multiline edit and color edit.
                                        >
                                        > I've uploaded a new file, autosizecell.zip, which contains a new
                                        > cell type supporting a multiline edit control.
                                        >
                                        > To use it:
                                        >
                                        > CCellTypeFactoryImpl<CAutoSizeGridCell> cellType;
                                        >
                                        > if (!m_Grid.SetCellType(row, col, &cellType))
                                        > return 0;
                                        >
                                        > m_Grid.SetItemFormat(row, col, DT_LEFT | DT_WORDBREAK);
                                        >
                                        > Remember to add DT_WORDBREAK to the cell format, it's very
                                        important.

                                        > Keep this new file as a template for how to add a new cell type to
                                        > the grid.
                                        > If you need info on how to use the grid or other samples, try to
                                        > refer to the MFC documentation on codeproject; you can try to port
                                        > some cell types to WTL or create new by yourself.
                                        >
                                        > If you are using this grid, let me know if you find bugs and upload
                                        > new cell types if you create them...
                                        >
                                        > Bye
                                      • ntufarellich
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 27, 2005
                                          --- In wtl@yahoogroups.com, "succeeded918" <iunknown918@h...> wrote:
                                          > tooltip has some problem, when i click it, it doesn't disappear, so
                                          > can't edit the cell behind the tooltip

                                          Thanks for pointing out the problem; I think CTitleTip has to be
                                          redesigned, but I'm very busy at the moment...

                                          Anyway, I'll fix it as soon as possible

                                          Bye,
                                          Nicola