ATL 70 - ATL 71

  • Istvan Nagy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi!

      I built a COM dll module for an application of mine, using ATL70.DLL
      On certain versions of Windows XP only ATL71 dll is installed,
      therefore my dll would not register with regsvr32. What solution
      should I adopt so that my dll would register correctly with both
      versions of ATL7x.dll?

      Thanks,
      Istvan
    • Serhiy Serbin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi,
        you have to deploy this dll with your application. Look in MSDN
        should be topic about it.

        Best Regards,
        Serhiy Serbin
        I built a COM dll module for an application of mine, using ATL70.DLL On
        certain versions of Windows XP only ATL71 dll is installed, therefore my
        dll would not register with regsvr32. What solution should I adopt so
        that my dll would register correctly with both versions of ATL7x.dll?

        Thanks,
        Istvan

        Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital
        divide today!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/saFolB/TM
      • Jim Barry
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
          Istvan Nagy wrote:
          > I built a COM dll module for an application of mine, using ATL70.DLL
          > On certain versions of Windows XP only ATL71 dll is installed,
          > therefore my dll would not register with regsvr32. What solution
          > should I adopt so that my dll would register correctly with both
          > versions of ATL7x.dll?

          If you don't want to depend on a particular version of ATL.dll you can statically link to ATL. This can be done by setting "Use of ATL" to "Static Link to ATL" in the project options. This defines the symbol _ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY and leaves _ATL_DLL undefined.

          --
          Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK