Re: How do you enable the WTL AppWizard for VC++ v6 in WTL7.5?

  • Igor Tandetnik
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      "Angus Comber" <angus@...> wrote in
      message news:004501c4c298$da7e62f0$0700a8c0@angusw2k
      > In previous versions you had to copy a particular file to a vc
      > directory.
      >
      > I can't seem to find similar instructions in the WTL7.5 distribution.
      > Does that mean I can't have my wizards in VC v6?

      According to ReadMe, you can download WTL 7.1 from Microsoft site [1],
      install the wizard, then simply install WTL7.5 on top of WTL7.1 (or
      alongide, and set up Include directories appropriately). The wizard will
      still work, but your application will be built against newer headers.

      Again according to ReadMe, VC6 wizard cannot be included into open
      source WTL distribution for legal reasons having to do with licensing.
      --
      With best wishes,
      Igor Tandetnik

      "On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray,
      Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
      answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of
      confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -- Charles
      Babbage
    • Angus Comber
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
        Ok that's what I did in the end. Would be nice for downloaders though if VC
        v6 AppWiz were there. But this solution works fine.

        Angus