Re: A question about possible NEW French ships

  • wtjcom
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi Michael,

      Actually the Suffren is only temporarily out of stock, I'll double-check my drawer to make sure there wasn't an unexpected difference between the database and what's actually there. Unfortunately the last restock of that casting came in with several that were not completely filled (missing masts and gun barrels) so it ran out of stock rather quickly.

      There are two new French ships coming out: Dupleix and Vinh Long. The Dupleix came out very nicely and it's a large class, so that will make a lot of the cruiser fans happy.

      Hope that helps,
      Jim

      --- In wtj_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Price" <yamamoto87@...> wrote:

      > I just got a fair number of French ships from a friend of mine and it's a mix of Navwar and Skytrex minis,but I would like to get some WTJ French to fill in gaps.
      >
      > One ship I don't have is the French Battleship Suffren which is very similar to the Iena,so my question is will there be any NEW French ships in the near future.
      >
      > Or what I should ask is will there be any NEW French ships anytime soon?
      >
      > Michael

    • Michael Price
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2011
        Sounds good Jim I'll most likely get these New French ships.

        One question about painting French ships which I'm still in debate as to what colors to paint my French Fleet.

        What I was thinking was the following I'm thinking of painting all the early ships Black Hull with Ochre upperworks,and the newer ships either overall Grey or Black hull with light Grey.

        So the question is would that be okay?

        Thanks
        Michael

        --- In wtj_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "wtjcom" <manfred@...> wrote:

        > Hi Michael,
        >
        > Actually the Suffren is only temporarily out of stock, I'll double-check my drawer to make sure there wasn't an unexpected difference between the database and what's actually there. Unfortunately the last restock of that casting came in with several that were not completely filled (missing masts and gun barrels) so it ran out of stock rather quickly.
        >
        > There are two new French ships coming out: Dupleix and Vinh Long. The Dupleix came out very nicely and it's a large class, so that will make a lot of the cruiser fans happy.
        >
        > Hope that helps,
        > Jim
        >

        > --- In wtj_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Price" <yamamoto87@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just got a fair number of French ships from a friend of mine and it's a mix of Navwar and Skytrex minis,but I would like to get some WTJ French to fill in gaps.
        > >
        > > One ship I don't have is the French Battleship Suffren which is very similar to the Iena,so my question is will there be any NEW French ships in the near future.
        > >
        > > Or what I should ask is will there be any NEW French ships anytime soon?
        > >
        > > Michael

      • John Lord
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2011
          Sounds good Jim I'll most likely get these New French ships.

          One question about painting French ships which I'm still in debate as to what colors to paint my French Fleet.

          What I was thinking was the following I'm thinking of painting all the early ships Black Hull with Ochre upperworks,and the newer ships either overall Grey or Black hull with light Grey.

          So the question is would that be okay?

          Thanks
          Michael

          --- In wtj_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "wtjcom" <manfred@...> wrote:

          > Hi Michael,
          >
          > Actually the Suffren is only temporarily out of stock, I'll double-check my drawer to make sure there wasn't an unexpected difference between the database and what's actually there. Unfortunately the last restock of that casting came in with several that were not completely filled (missing masts and gun barrels) so it ran out of stock rather quickly.
          >
          > There are two new French ships coming out: Dupleix and Vinh Long. The Dupleix came out very nicely and it's a large class, so that will make a lot of the cruiser fans happy.
          >
          > Hope that helps,
          > Jim
          >

          > --- In wtj_wargames@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Price" <yamamoto87@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just got a fair number of French ships from a friend of mine and it's a mix of Navwar and Skytrex minis,but I would like to get some WTJ French to fill in gaps.
          > >
          > > One ship I don't have is the French Battleship Suffren which is very similar to the Iena,so my question is will there be any NEW French ships in the near future.
          > >
          > > Or what I should ask is will there be any NEW French ships anytime soon?
          > >
          > > Michael

          Just a note, I have seen refrences to the French ship bieng painted either grey-green or green grey at least for  WW1.  Haven't seen any info as to when they changed over to this color scheme but I suspect that they did so right around the time everybody eles went over to all grey.  I paint my French black hull & guns, silver grey upper works with ocre funnels.  Hope this helps.

        • wtjcom
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2011
            Hey Michael,

            That's the same thing I do, and I've seen quite a number of other people do the same. For the later two-toned schemes, I've found Silver Grey to look best.