Point of View

  • freeman free
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
      If you are still shocked with the images of 11th
      September, it is perhaps
      time to have 1 minute of silence in respect by the
      10.000 (?)
      But since you are already in silence, take more:

      13 min by the 130.000 Iraqis, killed in 1991 by the
      Bush's Order (father) And by the way remember on that
      time, many Americans celebrated it just like the
      Palestinians did now.

      20 min by the 200.000 Iranians killed by Sadam Hussein
      ( while young) and supported by American's money

      15 min by the 150.000 Russians and Afghans killed by
      Taliban and supported by American's money

      10 min by the 100.000 Japanese indirectly killed in
      Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

      Well, you are almost 1 hour in silence ( 1 minute for
      the Americans and 58min by their victims)

      If you became surprised with this numbers dedicate
      perhaps one more hour to the victims of Vietnam, about
      who the Americans not even like to remember it.

      How many more minutes of silence will we spend by the
      American's victims of the next war?

      Ana Costa

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • Aaron Dickey
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
        I would never have approved this if I'd known the huge number of lists this
        moron was spamming at once. In any event, everything mentioned here happened
        during wartime, so it's completely irrelevant. --Aaron

      • zkcrd@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
          about Iraq in 1991,
          Saddam with his army INVADED kuwait..saudi arabia asked Saddam to
          leave but he refused...after that all arab countries met in egypt(as
          i think)to discuss if they must fight Iraq..Yemen and Jordan said NO.
          the leaders of kuwait didn't want to waste the time,they asked for
          the Uinted nations' help..America came and helped Kuwait..so don't
          blame anyone at that year...blame saddam only.

          but now more than 3000 children die in Iraq and that must stop.

          and about Taliban who killed Afghans and Russians...isn't
          true..Taliabn was founded after the soviets left the country..all
          afghans fought against USSR..USA and MidEast countries supported them.

        • andrewedwardjudd@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
            In any event, everything mentioned here happened
            > during wartime, so it's completely irrelevant. --Aaron

            You cannot be serious? I visited a concentration camp in Austria
            many years ago and found I could not stop myself from crying
            uncontrollably. The thought that I was walking along the ground and
            visiting the huts were so many lived, and entered the gas chamber
            where so many died was a truely heart wrenching experience.

            If I declare war today and kill without justifable reason then surely
            I should be held accountable?

            I cannot accept that because suffering has happened in the past that
            we now have some right to do whatever we choose without there be some
            consequences to our actions.

            Andrew

            > --- freeman free <judje_bird@y...> wrote:
            > > If you are still shocked with the images of 11th
            > > September blah blah blah...
          • AliZ
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
              --- In wtcattack@y..., andrewedwardjudd@h... wrote:
              > In any event, everything mentioned here happened
              > > during wartime, so it's completely irrelevant. --Aaron

              Aaron,
              It is not only about war and peace, and who is the white knight and
              who is the ugly invader. It is not about logic, it is about human
              lifes, CHILDREN DYING EVERY DAY.
              It is about human principles, that one must feel sorrow (not
              necesseraly responsibility) for any civilian victims.

              OK Iraq invaded Kuwait, OK USA fought a war decided by the UN, OK
              saudis and kuwaitis called the US for help, OK Saddam is a bloody
              tyrant ...
              BUT
              When the american pilots draw funny cartoons or "Say Hi to Allah" on
              their missiles before launching them on military/civilian (do they
              make a difference?) targets and then describe the massacre
              as "shooting in a sheep pen."

              When In an interview of Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on
              CBS's 60 Minutes, correspondent Lesley Stahl asked her if the death
              of these 600,000 Iraqi children was "worth it." and Albright replied:
              "...we think the price is worth it."

              When General Colin Powell, asked about the number of Iraqi people
              who were killed in the 1991 "Desert Storm" campaign replies : "It's
              really not a number I'm terribly interested in."

              When U.S. Brig. General William Looney says "They know we own
              their country. We own their airspace... We dictate the way they
              live and talk. And that's what's great about America right now.
              It's a good thing, especially when there's a lot of oil out there we
              need." Washington Post, August 30, 1999

              How do you expect arab people to react ?
              How do YOU react ?
            • zkcrd@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2001
                if America launches missles on Iraq not because Iraq invaded Kuwait
                but what the US call it Terrorism...I don't guarantee any american's
                life here in middle east...it will lead to new war,
                it's not only Arab who hates america..they are all over the world,in
                Chilli,Colombia,Japan and China..etc

                arab and even muslims will fight the US (even if they say to protect
                Islam) but the main reason is HATE and they feel like slaves for
                America.

                now 10,000 from Taliabn will join the opposite afghans