Re: Afghanistan

  • zkcrd@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2001
      Dear Jill...
      Here is a site for more info
      http://www.cromwell-intl.com/security/netusers.html

      --- In wtcattack@y..., "Watkins" <jilltrav@h...> wrote:
      > And also- I have heard that the US gave the Taliban 42 million
      earlier this year. Can anyone direct me to any proof of that?

      > Thanks-
      >
      > Jill

      Service.

    • Watkins
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
        Thanks for the info- that was really bugging me!

        Jill

        > And also- I have heard that the US gave the Taliban 42 million earlier this
        > year. Can anyone direct me to any proof of that?

        It never happened, though a lot of people with certain agendas are trying to
        spread the false rumor. Full details here:

        <http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/this_just_in/documents/01839506.htm>

        --Aaron

        http://phone.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • andrewedwardjudd@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
          Following what appeared to be a credible and well thought out
          commentary on events in Afganistan I asked this list if people had
          any information on western aid being directed to the Taleban

          It appears the $42 million sent by the american government was in
          fact genuinely directed to the poor of Afghanistan and distributed by
          aid agencies. I have no information to the contrary.

          Nobody seems to have provided any information that oil companies are
          supporting the Taliban

          jlane9@... sent me a virus for my trouble. This act of
          terrorism or is it freedom fighting? made me laugh. I hope you
          enjoyed this time wasting exercise.

          Andrew
        • iannaish@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2001
            Mr Lane also sent me a worm. Doesn't seem to want replies, his e-mail
            don't work.
            ian