Services and Equipment for NYC recovery

  • Kirk La Pierre
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2001
      To whom it may concern:

      RE: services and equipment for NYC recovery effort

      I wish to offer my services at the NYC disaster scene for body
      recovery. I am the owner of A1 Saver Services located in Bergen
      County N.J. which is about 20 minutes away from the trade center
      area. I have exhausted every contact number that I can call and am
      asking for assistance in helping us get into the city to volunteer
      our services or for contact information of those that help get in.

      My company specializes in large animal carcass and biohazard fecal
      removals. Both my assistant and myself can provide 8-12 hours per
      evening or night shifts and some day shifts for as long as needed at
      no charge as volunteers.

      We are both trained medics with morgue experience. I was the N.J.
      Soldier / Combat Medic of the year for the N.J. Army National Guard.
      We are self sustained and have our own equipment and would need no
      resources from any agency.
      We use 6 hour rechargeable battery pack forced air full face triple
      hepa filter respirators to prevent inhalation of airborne pathogens
      as well as being able to work in hazardous, odorous environments.
      We have our own portable electric generators, air compressors, air
      chisels, sawzalls and other tools.
      We are also equipped with full suits, hard hats, to the elbow leather
      gloves, knee pads, boots, medic kits etc.
      We are also fully insured with 1 Million dollars in liability and
      workman's compensation.

      I am fully aware that due to the number of casualties that are within
      the debris at the site that it is becoming difficult for the recovery
      workers due to the odor. Insect and rodent infestation will be
      starting soon and this will also affect the workers. We are
      professionally experienced and equipped to handle this situation and
      can aid with the recovery of human remains.

      Please feel free to forward this letter to anyone that can authorize
      our presence or to contact me at any time, 24 hours a day . We can
      respond immediately. If needed, I can provide references and contact
      information from local government officials as to my company and our
      services.

      On a personal note, I have a friend who is a Port Authority police
      officer that is still there in the debris as well as two other people
      from my town that I know who are lost. I am desperately seeking to
      provide any hands on assistance at the scene in NYC in the slight
      possibility of finding and bringing these people home so their
      families have some closure.

      Truly,

      Kirk La Pierre
      Office 201-933-9700
      kirk.lapierre@...
      (please do not call or write unless directly able to assist us in
      this cause, thank you)