Re: What's the Benefit of Terrorism?

  • Mike Wasylik
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 11, 2001
      --- In wtcattack@y..., "rcade" <mail@p...> wrote:
      > --- In wtcattack@y..., mike@p... wrote:
      > > 2. We can't promote policies which subject us to these attacks.
      >
      > How could anyone think this will be the response? Americans are
      going
      > to respond to this like it was Dec. 7, 1941. I wouldn't want to be
      > living in or near any suspected terrorist camps this afternoon.

      I agree, but if terrorists didn't think like that, they wouldn't
      slaughter the innocent like this.
    • Omar Javaid
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 12, 2001
        Yes, those countries who hate the US, and by extension, the
        West. It's really no secret which countries have aided and
        abetted terrorists and terrorist organizations.

        As to why--at least for most of the Islamic world, which is
        hopelessly collectivist, I think the root of it is really borne of the
        anti-life, anti-man mentality and philosophic underpinnings.

        For those of us that have not spent extensive time or lived in that
        part of the world (as I have), it's difficult to comprehend the level
        of hatred towards the West (in particular the US) and level of
        irrationality and ignorance.

        --- In wtcattack@y..., Julian Bond <julian_bond@v...> wrote:
        > In article <9nnnao+f16a@e...>, Omar Javaid <omarj@y...>
        > writes
        > >To wipe these people off the face of the earth wouldn't be
        > >terrorism as you suggest. Rather, it would be a principled,
        moral
        > >act of self defense. And it has been a long time coming...
        >
        > Who? Who are "These People"? Everyone who hates the USA?
        That's a long