Need help in locating SAR team

  • Rochelle Lesser, School Psychologist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2002
      I am new to this group and am hoping someone can provide some help in my
      locating a very special search and rescue team.

      Captain Scott Shields, a Parks Department Manager in Westport, Connecticut
      and his Golden Retriever Bear were the first rescue team at the Ground Zero
      site on Tuesday. Bear, who also searched for people at the Oklahoma City
      bombing site, helped recover several victims of the WTC attack, who had been
      high-ranking members the New York City Fire Department.

      Actually, just 38 minutes after the second tower collapsed on September 11,
      the canine search-and-rescue team of Captain Scott Shields and his
      11-year-old Golden Bear, was on the scene and ready to help. Shields keeps
      EMT kits and oxygen in his car so that he's always ready to go. Cody located
      three of the five survivors found in the debris in the first 24 hours -- two
      firemen and a Port Authority officer.

      I have detailed this team's efforts along with the efforts of many other
      teams at my site ( http://landofpuregold.com/disaster 6.htm). I want to
      contact Scott due to my desire to nominate him for some special canine
      recognition awards. If you have any personal knowledge of this team or
      further contact information for Scott Shields, please let me know asap.
      Thanks so much.

      Golden-ly,
      ROCHELLE http://landofpuregold.com/sun6.jpg
      National Assn. of School Psychologists
      Creator of 1000+ page site - http://landofpuregold.com

      MEMBER: Delta Society, Canine Companions for Independence, Pets & People,
      International Assn. of Assistance Dog Partners, GRREAT, GoldHeart & Yankee
      GR Rescues, Potomac Valley GRC, GRCA

      Mistfield Oliver CGC - http://landofpuregold.com/lossd.htm &
      http://landofpuregold.com/shoot.htm
      Friendship Darcy Makena OA OAJ CGC - http://landofpuregold.com/teacher.htm
      Mystic Lord Alfred Tennyson - http://landofpuregold.com/wheels.htm
      "G-d made dogs and then when he perfected them, he created Goldens."
      ~ Dr. Allen Schoen ~