Re: gore and the war

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2002
      --- In wtcattack@y..., worksntv@a... wrote:
      > THE Fox News poll indicates that - by 2-1 - voters think President
      Bush is
      > doing a better job of handling the war on terror than Al Gore
      would have
      > done. The Friday Op-ed piece in The New York Times by Leon Fuerth,
      formerly
      > Gore's chief national security adviser, gives us an inkling of why.

      The column you linked to was by Dick Morris, the disgraced Clinton
      adviser who has a huge axe to grind against his former bosses. I
      don't regard him as a credible political pundit because of comments
      like this:

      "Al Gore would have run the war on terror like he ran his project
      to 're-invent government' -- with a prosaic but competent absence of
      drama and imagination."

      What kind of idiot would rather have a dramatic president than a
      competent one? Additionally, Morris' suggestion that the country
      needs a "big war" to support, in order to continue fighting
      terrorism, is dangerous and misguided.

      As for Gore, the biggest reason he's losing a poll of this kind is
      because he's not the president. Reverse the situation, and we're all
      thanking our lucky stars Bush isn't in the office.