gore and the war

  • worksntv@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2002
      THE Fox News poll indicates that - by 2-1 - voters think President Bush is
      doing a better job of handling the war on terror than Al Gore would have
      done. The Friday Op-ed piece in The New York Times by Leon Fuerth, formerly
      Gore's chief national security adviser, gives us an inkling of why.

      http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/38416.htm
    • rcade
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2002
        --- In wtcattack@y..., worksntv@a... wrote:
        > THE Fox News poll indicates that - by 2-1 - voters think President
        Bush is
        > doing a better job of handling the war on terror than Al Gore
        would have
        > done. The Friday Op-ed piece in The New York Times by Leon Fuerth,
        formerly
        > Gore's chief national security adviser, gives us an inkling of why.

        The column you linked to was by Dick Morris, the disgraced Clinton
        adviser who has a huge axe to grind against his former bosses. I
        don't regard him as a credible political pundit because of comments
        like this:

        "Al Gore would have run the war on terror like he ran his project
        to 're-invent government' -- with a prosaic but competent absence of
        drama and imagination."

        What kind of idiot would rather have a dramatic president than a
        competent one? Additionally, Morris' suggestion that the country
        needs a "big war" to support, in order to continue fighting
        terrorism, is dangerous and misguided.

        As for Gore, the biggest reason he's losing a poll of this kind is
        because he's not the president. Reverse the situation, and we're all
        thanking our lucky stars Bush isn't in the office.