We all fund terrorism

  • michad03
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2001
      Where did the money come from to fund the attacks on the US? As I
      understand it, there are three major sources (and LOTS of minor
      sources). One big one is oil. Oil is what makes the mideast such a big
      issue. It is why we are involved there and it is the power they have
      over us. America MUST work on decreasing its dependence on oil. There
      are several alternate sources that are viable right now: natural gas,
      geothermal, hydroelectric and wind power. Solar ain't there yet. But
      these other sources are available RIGHT NOW, some of them can help
      local economies right here in the US rather than helping the economies
      of nations that hate us, and they are less polluting than oil.
      Hydroelectric, natural gas and geothermal have been big money makers as
      well--companies that have focused on these sources in the last 5 years
      or so have done well overall. Wind lags behind, though it can be better
      exploited. Hell, I remember reading in 1995 or so a Scientific American
      article outlining how, with the technology available THEN, that the
      Great Plains states could be energy exporters by developing wind power.
      As Americans, we HAVE to reduce our dependence on oil. We MUST
      conserve, recycle, buy recylced products and try and get our economy
      away from oil. After Sept. 11 it is not only an issue of pollution and
      global warming, it is an issue of funding terrorists.

      A second source of al-Qaeda money, I recently learned, is a gem called
      Tanzanite. I'd never heard of this gem (the only gem I ever bought was
      a diamond for my wife) but it apparantly only comes from Tanzania
      (hence its name). Bin Laden has partly cornered the market on this
      popular gem, so that most Tanznite purchased helps to fund al-Qaeda.
      Tiffany's and QVC have both quietly stopped selling Tanzanite since
      this came out. But other major stores still carry it. Don't buy it!
      Furthermore, write stores like Macy's, J.C. Penny's, etc to tell them
      not to carry this gem until bin Laden's stake in the industry is
      eliminated. Only through consumer pressure can this trade be ended.

      The last source I know of mainly applies to the Taliban--the Heroin
      trade. Actually, mainly the Heroin trade to Europe. America's heroin
      mainly comes from Southeast Asia, I believe. Most of Eurpope's heroin
      comes from Afghanistan. Not sure what can be done about this source of
      money, but it has been the main source of Taliban money for some time.
      Legalization may be the answer, though I personally am not comfortable
      with legalization of heroin. But it would allow regulation and would
      bring the price down.

      Any other info or ideas regarding the terrorists' money? Remember, we
      as consumers (of oil, plastic, Tanzanite, heroin, whatever) are part of
      the whole web that funds terrorism. We CAN be involved in cutting off
      their money.

      David
      http://home.talkcity.com/YosemiteDr/mole333/index.html
    • alanfielding85226
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2001
        --- In wtcattack@y..., "michad03" <mole333@h...> wrote:
        > Where did the money come from to fund the attacks on the US
        . . . .
        > Any other info or ideas regarding the terrorists' money?
        > Remember, we as consumers (of oil, plastic, Tanzanite,
        > heroin, whatever) are part of the whole web that funds
        > terrorism.

        So, you're suggesting that we stop driving cars,
        using styrofoam cups, shooting up heroin, or whatever
        then the terrorists won't come over here to kill
        us anymore?

        Actually, some of the money that the terrorist
        were funded with was traced -- back to a bank in
        Dubai, UAE.

        I suspect that ultimately it is our own CIA that
        supplied the money.

        http://emperors-clothes.com/news/probestop-i.htm

        So, you are right "We all fund terrorism" since
        we all pay taxes.

        -- Alan.