2 questions requiring judgment

  • sberen2000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2001
      --- Jonathan <...> wrote:
      >[Osama Bin Laden] clearly thinks it is [justified] and has a belief system
      which shows him that it is clearly the right thing to do. The way to get the
      US is to attack the citizens as the soft underbelly and the Us needs
      attacking because of its actions in the middle east.

      > It might be unjustified from YOUR point of view but that doesn't mean
      that it isn't justified tout court.
      . In this sense, America did cast the first stone.

      REPLY:
      Jonathan, I have two questions for you (see below).

      We (all of us) should be judgmental regarding the unprovoked terrorist attack
      by Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and its allies.

      Some people, over the years, have gotten so used to "not being judgmental"
      that even when it comes to the most obvious and most clear examples of evil,
      they can only stand aside, without opposing that evil.

      We need to prevent further terrorist attacks, such as biological or chemical
      or nuclear attacks, on such targets as London or Sydney or Los Angeles or
      Chicago, etc.

      Jonathan, please shake off the "non-judgmental" dust, and take a stand.

      (1) Do you unequivocally oppose as unjustified the September 11 terrorist
      attacks on the United States?

      (2) What action do you propose be taken to defeat Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda,
      and his allies in order to prevent further, more tragic terrorist attacks?

      Steve Beren
      http://members.aol.com/sberen2000/September11.htm

    • sberen2000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2001
        In a message dated 12/11/01 8:17:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        barryc@... writes:

        Now as we move into the Knowledge Age and power is shifting the losers of the
        past 500 years are gaining power to kick a little ass and are doing so. We
        Americans MUST give up our win/lose competitive ways and shift to win/win
        collaboration or we will lose it all since the losers are gaining the power
        to cause us all to lose as we saw on Sept 11. Lose/Lose. From the losers
        perspective they were absolutely justified in what they did just as European
        Americans were justified in killed 90% of the Native Americans in this
        country so that they could steal their land. The true law of the win/lose
        era of the past 500 years is “it is justifiable if you have the power to do
        it.” Well Bin Laden had the power to drop those two buildings so it is
        justifiable.

        I don't agree with you. I think the actions of Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda,
        and the Taliban are absolutely unjustified. We need to act to defeat the
        terrorists so that additional, more severe attacks do not occur.

        http://members.aol.com/sberen2000/FREEDOM.htm