This Momentous Day

  • Timothy Wilken
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      "Not one day in anyone's life is an uneventful day, no day
      without profound meaning, no matter how dull and boring it
      might seem, no matter whether you are a seamstress or a queen,
      a shoeshine boy or a movie star, a renowned philosopher or a
      Down's-syndrome child. Because in every day of your life,
      there are opportunities to perform little kindnesses for
      others, both by conscious acts of will and unconscious
      example. Each smallest act of kindness -- even just words of
      hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a
      compliment that engenders a smile -- reverberates across great
      distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the
      one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo,
      because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed,
      until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage
      years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each
      thoughtless expression of hatred, each envious and bitter act,
      regardless of how petty, can inspire others, and is therefore
      the seed that ultimately produces evil fruit, poisoning people
      whom you have never met and never will. All human lives are so
      profoundly and intricately entwined -- those dead, those
      living, those generations yet to come -- that the fate of all
      is the fate of each, and the hope of humanity rests in every
      heart and in every pair of hands. Therefore, after every
      failure, we are obliged to strive again for success, and when
      faced with the end of one thing, we must build something new
      and better in the ashes, just as from pain and grief, we must
      weave hope, for each of us is a thread critical to the
      strength -- to very survival of the human tapestry. Every hour
      in every life contains such often-unrecognized potential to
      affect the world that the great days for which we, in our
      dissatisfaction, so often yearn are already with us; all great
      days and thrilling possibilities are combined always in this
      momentous day."

      The above words are spoken by Reverend Harrison White a character in a
      new Dean Koontz novel entitled "From the Corner of His Eye". Reverend
      White tells us that each day is a momentous day since all actions have
      consequence. Today, I can choose to act kindly or not. But my actions
      will "reverberate across great distances and spans of time".

      Synergic scientist Edward Haskell called this truth, so beautifully
      stated by Koontz, the "Moral Law of Unified Science". For humans, the
      earliest formulation of the "Moral Law of Unified Science" appeared 3500
      years ago as the doctrine of karma.

      “Hinduism began in India about 1500 BC. The belief in rebirth,
      or samsara, as a potentially endless series of worldly
      existences in which every being is caught up was associated
      with the doctrine of karma (Sanskrit: karman; literally "act,"
      or "deed"). According to the doctrine of karma, good conduct
      brings a pleasant and happy result and creates a tendency
      toward similar good acts, while bad conduct brings an evil
      result and creates a tendency toward repeated evil actions.
      This furnishes the basic context for the moral life of the
      individual.”

      The doctrine of karma was accepted by Buddha ~500 BC and is incorporated
      in modern Buddhism today. It appeared in western thought ~300 BC, in the
      Old Testament of the Bible as the phrase: “As ye sow, so shall ye reap.”
      Edward Haskell explained:

      “The first formulation of the MORAL LAW for a non-human
      “kingdom” of Universe was Dimitri I. Mendeleev’s discovery of
      the Periodic Law in 1869. “The properties of the chemical
      elements are functions of their atomic weights.”

      “What Mendeleev’s discovery states for Atoms is that “As ye
      sow, so shall ye reap,” where “reaping” is the properties of
      the chemical elements and “sowing” is the co-Action between
      the atom’s two components – its vast, light, electron cloud,
      and its tiny, massive nucleus.”

      Haskell’s analysis of the Atomic elements showed that these two
      components – the electron cloud and the massive nucleus related in only
      three ways – positive, neutral, or negative.

      Today, we know that the Moral Law of Unified Science applys to humans
      just as it does to the electron and nucleus. We humans have three
      choices. We can sow adversary actions and reap adversary resultants. We
      can sow neutral actions and reap neutral resultants. Or we can sow
      synergic actions and reap synergic resultants.

      So, I will choose to act kindly on this momentous day.

      Timothy Wilken

      --
      Co-OPERATION -def-> Operating together to insure that both parties win,
      and that neither party loses. The negotiation to insure that both

      Write me: twilken@...
      Read me: http://www.SynEarth.net/
      Or: http://FuturePositive.SynEarth.net/
      Or: http://Solutions.SynEarth.net/

    • Ian C Naish
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Would that those in power over life and death on this
        planet had the wisdom to read and understand this
        post.

        ian

        Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
        Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
        The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.